I put our save the dates in the mail today….yeee!
This is what they would have looked like if Mick made them. He did a good job, but in the end we didn’t need to use this design. Not too shabby huh?
This is Micks rendering of what we wanted them to look like…sent to our talented artist friend. I am not posting the final version here….yet, though it’s kind of close to this. Use your imaginations…
Cuz I have to (and want to).
My fiance (I still love saying that), is a pretty random dude. He keeps me laughing and entertains me constantly with his random finds from the internet and photoshop skills.
It looks like Tumblr is the perfect site for him to share this stuff with the world now.
I hope he keeps some of the stuff special for me.
Check him out. MICK
Just a taste of what you will get if you subscribe to his feed.
Deep quotes like this:
“I feel that it will be called Mickaragua, and our chief export with be bourbon-fueled wordplay.”
Scary photo-shopped images like this:
Add him to your RSS feeder… I just did.
Hey all, Mick here.
In reference to Lauren’s post about the coffee table we re-did., I’m here to illustrate, and completely sell anyone out there WHY we (mainly I) need garage space.
And in this second installment of “Mick Rants On and On Bloggingly”, im going to take a stand. A stand as a man, and tell you all why i, (as a man) needs a garage.
1. Upgrading my Misery – Seriously. Look at that pic of me sanding the table. Well, you cant see my face, because of the way I’m bent over, and the SARS mask over my grit teeth, but I’m ready to kill someone. Here i am bending over like some Jerk du Soleil just trying to sand a table. I’m doing this in a three foot wide brick corridor to my apartment. “Look at me! Im sanding something!” Goddamn it. I was miserable. I need a place to do this shit. I need ROOM.
2. My Beer - So Again, three foot wide corridor, im outside sanding this shit. Everything is within a close reach. My sander, my wipey rag to rid the saw dust, and my beer. My beer, happens to be too close. Cuz guess what, one plug of said beer, and i feel like I’m drinking a lumberjack’s beard. Had i had a goddamn garage, it would be across the way, out of sawdust range, waiting patiently to be slurped on, pulp-free.
3. Man Cave – Ahhh yes….those words some women dread to hear. “Ill never see him! Hes going to spend all his time in there! Why cant he hang out in the family room?” Because. Were animals. We have these blueprints. Look, let me clear something up. I want my own space where i can do the irritating shit in peace without having to worry about irritating shit. Does that make sense? I like to make random noises. Ask co-workers. Ask neighbors, ask Lauren. Shes used to it, but in my garage i can do this on my own. I can also count farts, pretend im a goat, chase flies with squirt guns and well, act like a jackass to my heart’s content.
4. Cars - Im not even going to go off on this one, because THIS is a reason i want my own garage. I want to build my own car. From scratch, ground up, the exact way my grandfather Bomp would want me. (He loved cars, so ill assume hed love me building them.) So yeah, assume this is a biggie for me.
5. Distillery - Yeah i said it. I want to distill my own bourbon. It isnt some crazy man’s man idea. Its mainly because i love bourbon, and i am sick and tired of making some Kentuckian rich and fat by paying them for it. If i make my own, win win win. (That is, rich, fat and drunk.) Plus, ill have a real reason for a crazy Beard and Hank Williams the III blaring from the garage. Pro - I get my own bourbon. Cons - The garage and all it contains explodes. Yeah, Mick…good luck selling this one.
6. Biggest Reason – It will give Lauren and i an opportunity to work on these awesome badass projects together, Furniture reupholstery? Never done it. But screw it…lets TRY. We got the room. We have this nice armoire were using as a bar (The Barmoire). Lets refinish that and add some new fixtures? Sure….saturday. Done. Hey, you wanna make a friggin jar of pickles? Ill one up you, Lauren. Lets make 30 of them. Why? We have these old bourbon barrels I’m not using anymore from when i almost set the street on fire. Lets use these and fill them all….cuz why? We have the ROOOOM.
So you see….garages are a necessity for everything i illustrated. There are also reasons i am keeping locked away because they are MINE. Any guys reading this will understand.
You ladies dont need to worry about it, because it usually ends with us guys saying “Hey, come look at what i did for you…..”
I wanted to introduce you all to Mick. I’m sure many of you are aware of him, and those of you who aren’t read about him in my blog. I decided to make him a contributor to The Little Goat, because he is funny. Well at least I think he is. (You can often find me laughing out loud at my desk when he sends me pictures with his head photoshopped onto random images) He now has his very own category on my blog…WTF is Mick Doing?
I’m excited to publish his very first guest post!! And away we go!
Color me riddled.
What can I say. Your GF asks you to be a guest blogger on her site. You don’t say no. Even if it it isn’t in your comfort zone.
Yeah, I mean, I love me some KitchenAid mixers and zombies, and well….I’m all about homemade light sabers….wait a minute…this isn’t just about baby clothes….this has some depth! Maybe I CAN offer something?
Some of you know me, some of you don’t. Some of you that I know, I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.* (Bonus points if you know the reference.)
But here is me in a (hopefully) easy-to-follow nutshell.
Here are things that pique my general interests. I will bullet them, so they are easy to follow in this Power Point presentation.
***Beards – I have one. Its better than anybody’s you know. Real talk. Even when mine is shorter, its better. Don’t argue with me, I’m not screwing around on this one. I have a blog that portrays me putting things in it. (http://stuffinmicksbeard.wordpress.com)
***Booze – I have a penchant for bourbon. Something about its butterscotchy goodness. It just makes me smack my lips. I write a blog (http://wtfismickdrinking.wordpress.com) which initially started as a blog about “things I drank” but lately, it has evolved into a whiskey machine.
***Food – I like to cook. I love deconstructing flavors in my mouth and reproducing them on my own. I love the chemistry of the flavors spices make when they meet each other in your mouth. There is something sexy about it. Ill cook for you. Bring wine. Wed love to have you over….why the hell don’t you call?
***Metal – My primary go to for music. My grandfather was a jazz trumpet player that played with Miles in the 50s. He had his own orchestra at 15. Kids these days have shitty garage bands. That’s right…an orchestra. He taught me how to read music around the time I learned to read. I learned music on a technical level, and on an appreciate artistic level. Why metal then? It challenges me. It does things faster, and harder, and arouses me deeper. Across the board, ill like alternative, electro, etc…as long as it challenges me. So yeah…sorry Jack Johnson….you do, and will always suck.
***All Around Nerdly things – For every grain of sand on the Earth, I’ve seen Eps IV, V, and VI of Star Wars that number of times. I’m an amateur beatboxer, I want to roast my own coffee for a living, I got in trouble for drawing a Firesaurus Rex terrorizing a city when I was 5; we were asked to draw a dinosaur., I had a twin sister Amie Mae that didn’t make it through the birth process, I hate circus peanuts, I love old school hiphop, i don’t like Fat Tire beer, my parents are both still awesome and together, my brother Ben is the only person in my life history to make me spit up laughing. My favorite smells are pumpkin, BBQ, snow, cow manure, diesel fuel, grilled steak, Lauren’s hair and burning leaves.
I could go on forever…but one thing remains….i have a lot of interests.
But one of the biggest I have is helping Lauren follow her dreams any way I can. If that means making logos, advice on colors, pricking my thumb because I cant sew, fetching her coffee or even someone to keep her company while she buries herself in craftland, I’m there for her.