I made another blanket. If you recall, I made my first blanket a while back, and even though I loved the colors and was pleased with how my first came out..it barely covers one of us. Its good for a baby blanket, but we dont have a baby, so it was my goal to make a blanket that at least covered one of us. The step by step was similar to the last one, though I’m a little more comfortable with my sewing machine now. I also tried making a consistent pattern on the whole thing, but ran out of matching fabric, so three of these rows are not in the right pattern. What I love about this design with the quilt, is it doesn’t really matter! It still looks good and you can barely tell that the pattern is wrong.
I’m also going to fill you in on a little secret. I am not really good at cutting fabric into even squares. So because of that, I buy my fabric pre-cut on eBay. I look up 5″ charm packs, and I usually get a ton of cute options. You can get 4″ squares too, and I’m guessing there are other sizes as well. This is how I buy my fabric for my Wunzees as well. Bigger variety, smaller pieces. I am going to stick with the squares for now until I master this quilt..then I’ll move on to more complicated quilt patterns.
Im pleased with it. Look at how comfortable Mick looks!
The finished blanket. You can get a sense of the size. Next up..a blanket built for two!